THE TIM HORTONS “TIMBITS” CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Alberta; and
(b) who are registered in a Timbit hockey team in Calgary, Alberta through Hockey Calgary.
Employees of the Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation and Tim Hortons (collectively, the "Sponsors"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins on September 23, 2013 at 12:00PM MST and closes on March 14, 2014 11:59 p.m. MST (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(i) To enter, complete the online ballot found at http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87159 for the duration on the Contest Period.
(b) Limit of one entry per person per day during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
(d) A random draw will be held at 9:00 a.m. on the following dates at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta from all eligible entries received prior to the draw date.
Friday September 27, 2013
Friday October 18, 2013
Thursday October 31, 2013
Wednesday November 6, 2013
Friday November 22, 2013
Monday December 9, 2013
Thursday January 26, 2013
Wednesday January 8, 2014
Thursday January 16, 2014
Wednesday January 22, 2014
Monday February 27, 2014
Tuesday March 4, 2013
Monday March 10, 2014
Friday March 14, 2013
|Calgary Flames Home Game Date
Friday October 11, 2013
Friday November 1, 2013
Thursday November 14, 2013
Wednesday November 20, 2013
Friday December 6, 2013
Monday December 23, 2013
Thursday January 9, 2014
Wednesday January 22, 2014
Thursday January 30, 2014
Wednesday March 5, 2014
Monday March 10, 2014
Tuesday March 18, 2014
Monday March 24, 2014
Friday March 28, 2014
(a) Grand Prizes. There are fourteen (14) grand prizes (“Grand Prize”) available to be won (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of:
a. Thirty (30) Press Level tickets to the Calgary Flames regular season home game for which the Selected Entrant is chosen by the Contest Sponsors pursuant to the chart in paragraph 3 (the “Selected Game”);
b. Five (5) individual game parking passes valid on the evening of the Selected Game;
c. An opportunity for the individuals listed on the entry form to skate during the first Intermission Feature during the Selected Game (the “Skate”).
(b) The Grand Prizes have an approximate value of $1000.00 (One thousand) CDN each. The Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash.
(c) Guests must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(d) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(e) The odds of being selected as a potential finalist are dependent upon the number of eligible, correct entries received by the Sponsors.
5. GAME NIGHT DETAILS.
a) On the night of the selected game, all team members, coaches and attending parents and/or guardians must be at the Shipping and Receiving entrance to the Scotiabank Saddledome at least one hour prior to the start of the Selected Game. A member of the Calgary Flames Security will meet the team at the door and take the team to a designated dressing room. A limit of eight (8) parents and/or guardians will be permitted in the dressing room.
b) During the first period of the Selected Game all players, parents and/or guardians and coaches must remain in their designated dressing room. At the 5 minute mark (5:00 remaining in the first period), all players should be dressed in full protective gears and helmet. The Calgary Flames staff will provide all of the Skate details prior to the event. The Skate will last approximately 2.5 minutes. A maximum of eight (8) parents and/or guardians may watch the Skate from ice level. After the Skate all players will be taken back to the shipping and receiving and all equipments must be immediately removed from the dressing room. Parents and/or guardians may bring cameras and video cameras on ice to photograph the Skate. Photographing and videoing is prohibited in the hallways.
6. RELEASE. Winners and Guests will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guests’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Guests’ name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Website, and/or CalgaryFlames.com. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest or to modify the Contest rules at any time without notice.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any CalgaryFlames.com website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any CalgaryFlames.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CALGARYFLAMES.COM OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winners and Guests must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the event and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the event(s). The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the event, any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; and (ii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (I) above.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.