RETURN TO THE C OF RED CONTEST
RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE RETURN TO THE C OF RED & CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY (excluding Quebec) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR RESIDING PROVINCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
Return to the C of Red: To be eligible for the Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Alberta; and
(b) be of the age of majority in Alberta or older at time of entry
Employees of The Calgary Flames Limited Partnership, The Calgary Sun, The Rogers Radio Group, Global Television and Calgary Co-op (collectively, the "Sponsors"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD:
Return to the C of Red: The Contest is open to receive entries/submissions beginning at 8:00 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on Saturday, January 12, 2013 up until 12:00 p.m. MT on Sunday, January 20, 2013 (the "Entry Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsors for eligibility requirements.
Six (6) Daily Prize Winners will be randomly selected from all entries received for each day of this promotion.
Return to the C of Red (calgaryflames.com):
(a) Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of:
(i) Two (2) Club seats to a 2013 Calgary Flames regular season home game (game T.B.D.)
(ii) Press Box Access
(iii) Post Game Meet and Greet with a Calgary Flames player
(iv) Lower Bowl Access to take in the Flames and Visiting teams morning skates on day of the game.
(v) Access to witness the media scrums of the Calgary Flames players & coaches
(vi) Pre-game dinner in the Avison Young Club Restaurant.
(b) Daily Prize. There are six (6) daily prizes (“Daily Prize”) available to be won by the daily prize winners (“Daily Prize Winners”) consisting of:
(i) Two (2) Press Level tickets to the January 20, 2013 Calgary Flames versus San Jose Sharks game at the Scotiabank Saddledome;
(ii) One Hundred Dollar (CDN $100.00) Calgary Flames “C of Red Card”
(iii) Two Hundred Dollar (CDN $200.00) Calgary CO-OP Gift Card
(iv) Two Hundred Dollar (CDN $200.00) Calgary CO-OP Gift Card
(v) Autographed Calgary Flames jersey
(vi) Autographed Calgary Flames jersey
(c) Each Daily Prize has a minimum approximate value of $100 dollars (CDN $100.00).
(d) Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(e) Prizes will be distributed within ten (10) days after the winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her prize and has acknowledged compliance with the Contest Rules and signed all required releases including the correct answer to a skill-testing question.
(f) The Grand Prize will not be released unless winner first shows proof of age and residency. The Grand Prize will not be released without the winner being present and adequately identified.
(g) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Return to the C of Red:
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(b) Participants can enter by visiting the “Return to the C of Red” contest page on the Calgary Flames website (www.calgaryflames.com). One entry per person per day, Contest entry opens Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 8 p.m. MT and closes on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 12 p.m. MT. The Sponsors reserve the right to stop/cancel the contest at any time.
(c) All entries will be reviewed by the Sponsors for eligibility requirements and a total of six (6) qualifiers will be randomly selected each day for the duration of this promotion from all entries and will be available for pickup at the Scotiabank Saddledome. All entries will also be entered into the Grand Prize draw.
(d) All Qualifier Prize qualifiers will be drawn and contacted a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours and will have a maximum of twenty-four (24) hours to return this point of contact with the Sponsors or else they may forfeit their right to any prize and another winner will be selected in their place.
(e) The Grand Prize winner will be contacted within two (2) business days from the end of the contest and will have a maximum of twenty-four (24) hours to return this point of contact with the Sponsors or else they may forfeit their right to any prize and another winner will be selected in their place.
(f) Before being declared a Grand Prize winner, potential qualifiers will be required sign a declaration form stating that he/she has read, understood, and complied with the rules and regulations of the Contest and that he/she accepts the prize as offered. The Grand Prize winner will also be required to sign a Release form.
(g) All Daily Prize winners will be drawn and contacted at 2:00pm MT of each business day during the voting period. No replacement will be drawn if the Daily Prize qualifier cannot be contacted.
(h) Before being declared a winner, all qualifiers will be required sign a declaration form stating that he/she has read, understood, and complied with the rules and regulations of the Contest and that he/she accepts the prize as offered. Winners will also be required to sign a Release form.
6. RELEASE. Winners and Guests will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guests’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Guests’ name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Website, and/or calgaryflames.com.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, made available upon request at the Calgary Flames Administration Office throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any calgaryflame.com website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any calgaryflames.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CALGARYFLAMES.COM OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the event and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the event, any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; and (ii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (I) above.
(b) By entering this contest you consent to the Calgary Flames Limited Partnership’s use of your Personal Information to contact you to promote draws and contests similar to the Contest, promote opportunities to subscribe to newsletters or promotional clubs, and notify you about related products or services.
(c) The Sponsors will use the entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with Calgary Flames Ltd. Partnership corporate policy.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.