The Calgary Flames Hockey School has officially launched, and is currently accepting registrations for the summer of 2012. This summer’s camps will take place throughout fiveweeklong sessions, beginning July 15th. Click here for the full dates and fees listing
The Calgary Flames will once again offer their summer hockey camps in partnership with the Okanagan Hockey School, who is entering their 50th year of operation, bringing with them a wealth of experience and expertise in top quality hockey instruction.
Players and coaches from the Calgary Flames and Calgary Hitmen, as well as Flames mascot, Harvey the Hound will be visiting the 2012 Calgary Flames Hockey School to sign autographs and answer questions from the participants.
The mission of the Calgary Flames Hockey School is to provide top quality hockey instruction in a supportive environment that allows for development and refinement of each individual player’s ability. This is accomplished by placing emphasis on individual skill development on the core fundamentals of the game along with the importance of fitness and character.
- The Learn to Play program is designed for 5-7 year olds with skating skills that want to begin playing and learning the game of hockey.
- Available for ages 7 through 14, the Regular Skaters & Goaltenders Program covers every aspect of the game including skating, shooting, puck handling and passing. These fundamental skills are the building blocks and foundation of becoming a better player.
- For Rep hockey players aged 11-14, the Elite Skaters & Goaltenders Program covers advanced instruction for players at a higher level. These programs combine skill development with flow type drills to improve conditioning.
- Defensemen between the ages of 11-14 can take advantage of the Defense Camp, which features high-level, position-specific instruction.Rhett Warrener, former Flames defenseman with 17 years of NHL experience, will lead this camp.
- New for the Flames Hockey School will be our Battle and Compete Camp. This program is available for players 11 – 14. Learn how to win those important one on one battles for the puck as well as how to protect yourself along the boards and in tight situations.
- Female players from 11 to 17 years old are invited to attend the Female Prep Program. This camp is a great way to improve skills and get ready for the coming season.
All programsfeature 2 ½ hours of ice time daily with off-ice skills training and dry land sessions. Sessions are held at Calgary Flames Community Arenas in Calgary, AB.
For more information on the Calgary Flames Hockey School and to register for a program, visit the Okanagan Hockey School website: http://www.hockeyschools.com/calgary
As camp space is limited we encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment. Many programs fill quickly.
autographed jersey PLUS have your registration paid for in full.