The Calgary Flames Twitter Feed was launched in late March as the 2009 playoffs approached. It is a great way to get up-to-the-minute game updates and breaking news about the Flames.
To get the scoop on the Flames, visit: twitter.com/NHLFlames.
How to set up your Twitter account:
1. Visit www.twitter.com and click "Get Started."
2. Enter your name and email address, and choose a username and password.
3. If you would like to send and receive Twitter updates from your cell phone, click "settings" in the top right of your browser window and then click on the "devices" tab.
4. Enter your phone number as instructed (for Canadian phones, you will need to enter "+1" before your area code) and click the box that reads "It's okay for Twitter to send messages to my phone."
Please note Twitter does not send third-party texts to your phone; you are ONLY accepting text message updates from people and groups you choose.
How to receive Flames updates:
1. Visit twitter.com/NHLFlames and click "follow" under the Flames logo.
2. To receive updates to your cell phone, click the link that says "Device Updates OFF" and swtich the button that pops up to "ON." You will now receive Flames updates as SMS Text Messages on your phone.