CALGARY, AB -- On Jan. 18, the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) announced their Top 50 Players of All-Time list and several Flames made the cut.
Joe Colborne (Camrose Kodiaks), TJ Galiardi (Calgary Royals), Curtis Glencross (Brooks Bandits) and Flames prospect Corban Knight (Okotoks Oilers) were named to the list. Calgary goaltending coach Clint Malarchuk (Fort Saskatchewan Traders), and Flames alumni Mike Vernon (Calgary Canucks), Perry Berezan (St. Albert Saints), and Lanny McDonald (Lethbridge Sugar Kings) also made the list.
- Colborne recorded 53 goals and 138 points in 108 games.
- Galiardi spent one season with the Calgary Royals, scoring 19 goals and 56 points in 56 games.
- Glencross played two seasons in Brooks, notching 65 goals and 113 points in 113 games.
- Knight posted 35 goals and 73 points in 65 games in Okotoks.
- Malarchuk suited up for 85 games for Fort Saskatchewan, going 59-24-2.
- Vernon played one season with the Canucks, going 21-7-0 with a 2.95 GAA.
- Berezan spent two seasons with St. Albert, accumulating 53 goals and 129 points.
- McDonald played two seasons with the Sugar Kings, scoring 39 goals and 93 points in 79 games.
|Back to top ↑|