- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the Minnesota State Tournament in 2005-06 – “it was always a dream of mine”.
- Played on his first hockey team on the Apple Valley Eagles before playing eight years in the Eastview Hockey Association, a year with Eastview High and another two years with St. Thomas Academy – “I started playing as soon as I could walk. My four older brothers were always playing so I just wanted to play as well”.
- He credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career for his support and advice – “my dad told me that whenever I’m not working to get better, someone else is”.
- He patterns his game after Dallas Stars’ center Mike Modano and Detroit’s Tomas Holmstrom and he wears number 17 because he wanted a seven on his jersey because his dad wore number 27.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Jesus – “because I’m religious”, Wayne Gretzky – “because he’s the great one” and his grandpa – “he used to go to my games when he was around”.
- The one thing he couldn’t live without is his dog and the one movie he would want to be in is Slapshot.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player: Tomas Holmstrom
Shootout move: “Backhand shelf or blocker high side”
Goal Celebration: “Depends on the goal, but double arm raise”
Practice Drill: One-on-One full ice
Video Game: Call of Duty 4
Movie: Slap Shot
TV Show: House
Actor: Nicholas Cage
Pump-up song: “Thunderstruck” by ACDC
Food to cook: Mac n Cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Wiffle Ball
Activity away from the rink: Fishing
Toy growing up: Hockey stick
Place to shop: Westwood sports
Place to visit: Boundry Waters in Minnesota