- Led the AJHL in playoff scoring with 16 points (8-8-16), including six power-play goals, en route to an AJHL championship in 2008.
- In 2007-08 he tied for first overall in the league with 57 assists and his 90 points placed him second overall.
- Participated in the 2007 CJAHL Top Prospects Game and was unanimously selected to Team South for the 2008 AJHL All-Star Game.
- Posted seven points (3-5--7) at the 2007 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge as a member of Team Canada West, helping his team win gold.
- Played one season (2005-06) of Midget AAA for Notre Dame College in Wilcox, Saskatchewan before moving to the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
- Will attend Denver University in the fall of 2008.
- Won the Toby Smaltz Trophy as the 2007 Royal Bank Cup’s Most Sportsmanlike Player and was selected to the South Division All-Rookie Team for the 2006-07 season.
- His dad, Paul, played football at the University of Calgary and his three sisters Lauren, Melissa and Claire play competitive basketball.
- He got his start in hockey when he was three – “I would shoot pucks at cardboard boxes with my dad” and his first hockey team was Springbank Tyke II.
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career – “My dad has had the most influence in my career teaching me the fundamentals along with my mom sacrificing time, money and effort to help me”. Also cites his junior coach, Boris Rybalka, as having played an important role in his development over the last two years.
- The best advice he has ever received was from his dad – “when you aren’t working someone else is”.
- Patterns his game after Joe Thornton, Jason Spezza and Vincent Lecavalier – “they are all bigger skilled players who like to control the puck and make plays”.
- His nickname is “Jumbo” and he wears number 12 because it was given to him as a 16-year-old.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Tiger Woods – “the most dominant athlete in the world”, Muhammed Ali – “because of his confidence” and Sir Winston Churchill – “for his leadership”.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was falling on a breakaway and crashing into the boards and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is by Miley Cyrus.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player: Joe Thornton and Vincent Lecavalier
Shootout move: Pavel Datsuyk
Goal celebration: Jump into the glass
Practice Drill: Breakaways
Video Game: Call of Duty
Movie: Blood Diamond
Sitcom/TV Show: One Tree Hill
Actor: Will Ferrell
Artist: Taylor Swift
Book: Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
Pump-up song: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
Food to cook: Kraft Dinner
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Toy growing up: Hockey stick
Place to shop: Wal-Mart
Place to visit: Somewhere in the Caribbean